According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Prices in October 2019 are 0.1% higher from preceding year.
- October 2019 prices are 14.3% lower than the peak in April 2013.
- Year-on-Year, Non-Mature Estates prices increase 1.1% while Mature Estates prices decrease 1.3%.
2. 2,213 HDB resale transactions in October 2019, representing an 18.0% increase from September 2019.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in October 2019 is 10.6 % higher than the previous year.
- Breaking down by room types, in October 2019, 40.8% of the volume comes from HDB 4 Room, 25.4% from 3 Room, 24.3% from 5 Room and 7.5% from Executive. The rest are from 2 Room and Multi-Gen.
3. The highest transacted price for a resale flat in the month was achieved at $1,100,000 by a high-floor 5-Room unit at The Pinnacle @ Duxton; In Non-Mature Estates, the highest transacted price was an Executive Maisonette unit at Hougang transacted at $850,000.
4. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (T-O-X) is ZERO in October 2019. This represented an increase of $2,000 as compared to September 2019. The median T-O-X for HDB measures whether people are overpaying (POSITIVE T-O-X) or underpaying (NEGATIVE T-O-X) the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- 5 Room and Executive witness POSITIVE median T-O-X of $2,000 and $6,000, respectively, while HDB 3 Room and 4 Room both record NEGATIVE median T-O-X of $1,000.
- Serangoon posts the highest median T-O-X at POSITIVE $9,500 in October 2019, followed by Bukit Merah at POSITIVE $8,000.
- Queenstown posts the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $12,000, followed by Pasir Ris at NEGATIVE $8,000.
- T-O-X data only include HDB towns with more than 10 resale transactions with X-Value.
5. An estimated 2,320 flats will become eligible to join the HDB resale market in the next three months, based on SRX data, as these units approach their respective 5-year Minimum Occupation Period.
How Much Is Your Home Worth?
Book a FREE Professional Property Valuation
Thinking of selling or renting out your condo, HDB or landed property?
Get an estimate of the value of your home and of the time required to sell or rent it from a top property agent in your area. Decide later to proceed or not. Appraisal, as it should be.