1. Overall rental prices increase 1.2% from October 2019. All regions experience rental increases: CCR by 1.2%, RCR by 0.7% and OCR by 1.6%.
- Year-on-year, rents rise by 4.6%.
- Rents are down 16.0% from the peak in January 2013.
- Rentals in all regions increase year-on-year: CCR by 5.8%, RCR by 3.7% and OCR by 4.4%.
2. Volumes decrease 7.6% month-on-month. An estimated 3,980 units are rented in November 2019 as compared to 4,307 units in October 2019.
- Year-on-year, rental volumes are 3.1% lower.
- However, volumes are 7.5% higher than the 5-year average volume for the month of November.
- Breaking down by regions, in November 2019, 41.1% of the volume comes from OCR, 31.2 % comes from RCR and 27.7% comes from CCR.
B. HDB Rental Market
1. November 2019 HDB rents decrease 0.1% from October 2019. 3 Room, 5 Room and Executive rents rise by 0.4%, 0.1% and 0.7% respectively, while 4 Room rents fall by 0.5%. According to Town Maturity, Mature Estates rents increase by 0.1% while Non-Mature Estates rents decrease by 0.4%.
- Year-on-year, rents increase by 1.6%.
- Rents are down 14.5% from the peak in August 2013.
- All room types experience rent increases year-on-year: 3 Room by 1.7%, 4 Room by 1.4%, 5 Room by 1.1% and Executive by 3.4%.
- Mature Estates and Non-Mature Estates rents increase year-on-year by 1.8% and 1.3%, respectively.
2. Volumes increase 0.1% month-on-month. An estimated 1,842 HDB flats are rented in November 2019 versus 1,840 units in October 2019.
- Year-on-year rental volumes decrease 3.2% from November 2018.
- Volumes are also 2.1% lower than the 5-year average volume for the month of November.
- Breaking down by room types, in November 2019, 34.1% of total rental volume comes from 4 Room, 33.4% from 3 Room, 26.5% from 5 Room and 6.0% from Executive.
How Much Is Your Home Worth?
Book a FREE Professional Property Valuation
Thinking of selling or renting out your condo, HDB or landed property?
Get an estimate of the value of your home and of the time required to sell or rent it from a top property agent in your area. Decide later to proceed or not. Appraisal, as it should be.