1. HDB resale prices increase by 0.6% in November 2019 over October 2019. HDB 3 Room, 4 Room and Executive experience price increases of 0.1%, 1.2% and 1.1%. Meanwhile, HDB 5 Room prices decrease slightly by 0.1%. Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 1.0% while Mature Estates prices stay flat, as compared to October 2019.
According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Prices in November 2019 are 0.4% higher from preceding year.
- November 2019 prices are 13.8% lower than the peak in April 2013.
- Year-on-Year, Non-Mature Estates prices increase 2.0% while Mature Estates prices decrease 2.0%.
2. 1,915 HDB resale transactions in November 2019, representing a 13.5% decrease from October 2019.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in November 2019 is 1.6% higher than the previous year.
- Breaking down by room types, in November 2019, 42.5% of the volume comes from HDB 4 Room, 24.8% from 5 Room, 23.6% from 3 Room and 6.8% from Executive. The rest are from 2 Room and Multi-Gen.
3. The highest transacted price for a resale flat in the month was achieved at $1,080,000 by a high-floor 5-Room unit at Commonwealth Drive in Queenstown; In Non-Mature Estates, the highest transacted price was achieved at $900,000 by a Premium Maisonette unit at Choa Chu Kang Street 64 in Choa Chu Kang.
4. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (T-O-X) is NEGATIVE $1,000 in November 2019. This represented a decrease of $1,000 from October 2019. The median T-O-X for HDB measures whether people are overpaying (POSITIVE T-O-X) or underpaying (NEGATIVE T-O-X) the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- HDB Executive witnesses ZERO T-O-X, while HDB 3 Room ,4 Room and 5 Room record NEGATIVE median T-O-X of $3,000, $1,000 and $1,000, respectively.
- Sembawang posts the highest median T-O-X at POSITIVE $11,000 in November 2019, followed by Bukit Merah at POSITIVE $10,900.
- Ang Mo Kio and Jurong East post the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $11,000, followed by Punggol at NEGATIVE $9,100.
- T-O-X data only include HDB towns with more than 10 resale transactions with X-Value.
5. An estimated 4,432 flats will become eligible to join the HDB resale market in the next three months, based on SRX data, as these units approach their respective official 5-year Minimum Occupation Period.
How Much Is Your Home Worth?
Book a FREE Professional Property Valuation
Thinking of selling or renting out your condo, HDB or landed property?
Get an estimate of the value of your home and of the time required to sell or rent it from a top property agent in your area. Decide later to proceed or not. Appraisal, as it should be.